A little while back a friend complained about “5 Whys” in Feature Injection. “People don’t like it when you ask “Why?” over and over” they said. “Well, no one actually asks Why five times. There are many ways to ask why without actually asking “Why?” I replied. Here is a random ten questions off the top of my head. Please add your own in the comments.
If you want to find out more about Feature Injection ( or Story Mapping, User Stories or Impact Mapping), come and join Christian Hassa, David Evans, Gojko Adzic and me at the Product Owner Survival Camp on 21st Jan in London Town.
Random Ten Alternatives:
1. What do you want me to do with this stuff you’ve put in the system?
2. Now that we’ve stored it, what do you want to do with it?
3. When would we use this?
4. How would we use this information?
5. What reports / screens would you display this on?
6. What would the report / screen look like?
7. How would you use the report?
8. Who would use the report / screen?
9. When would it be useful to them?
16. Really Blackadder?
17. Draw it please?
18. This is valuable how?
19. I don’t think you are telling me everything?
20. Go on!